Thursday, June 27, 2013

Starting my Classroom Library...

If you've read my earlier posts, you will know that I am a Goodwill connoisseur. The main reason I visit so many Goodwills is to add to my growing classroom library. I've been to a few used book stores, and they are great, but I still can't bring myself to spend $6 on one book. Especially when I need hundreds of them! Most of the Goodwills I have been to (all but one), they offer children's books at 3 for $1. THREE! For ONE DOLLAR!!! That's .33 per book! And you would be AMAZED at some of the books that are on those shelves! I feel like I win the lottery when I walk into a Goodwill and see an Eric Carle hardback sitting there for 33 cents. 

Below is a picture of the book bin labels I have made. Unfortunately, they have no bins to attach to just yet. I am still trying to decide what to do about buying book bins. I'd love to get the magazine holder type from reallygoodstuff.com (the plastic, colorful ones EVERYONE on Pinterest has!), but I can't seem to bring myself to spend all that money. I'm sure I will find another way around it! Until then, these labels will patiently wait. If you want the labels, click here. (I pasted mine on patterned paper).


This is my growing stash of children's books. Each week it grows by a few inches. :)


This room USED to be our den. I have taken over. Kudos to Adam for allowing our apartment to become a classroom supply room. 



If anyone has any advice or suggestions on inexpensive book bins, please do share! I am looking for space-effective options considering my bookshelf area is rather small. 

No comments:

Post a Comment